Duplex Steel 2205 Fastener : Manufacturer, Stockiest and Supplier : Kinnari Steel
Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners : Manufacturer, Stockist & Supplier : Kinnari Steel
Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners have special quality finishing and duress for long life, high pressure and zero defects. Kinnari Steel are Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners Manufacturer, Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners Stockist & Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners Supplier.
For Your Requirement of Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners
Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners
The product differentiation is based on the premier finish with the minimum burr at the edge . The ends for perfect welding and fabrication of the Wire in mega projects in oil and gas industry for long life of the product.
Orders at Kinnari Steel are guaranteed fast delivery in the country. The main reason being we have an excellent warehousing and storage facilities for both finished and semi-finished goods.They are made ready as per the urgent requirements of the customers. Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners are manufactured to sustain very high pressure and product warranty.
A lot of emphases is placed on the packing and packaging . The Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners are packed in wooden corrugated boxes foiled in plastic wraps and bubble wraps.
Contact us for a quick quote:
All Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners are offered with an NACE 3.1 Certification, Mill Test Certification and ISO 17025 Standards by a Government of India approved Laboratory. Positive Material Identification is done on all raw material procured at Kinnari Steel.
Kinnari Steel have exported to over 45 countries including UAE, UK, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Spain, Serbia, Kuwait, Peru, Nigeria, Pola
nd, South Africa, Denmark, Turkey, Egypt, Venezuela, Kuwait, Madagascar, Angola & Sri Lanka.
The Duplex Steel 2205 Fasteners are used in Hardware , Petro-Chemical Industry, Oil and Gas Industry , Nuclear Industry, Pulp & Paper Industry, Research & Development , Mega Projects & Defense & Development Industries. In fact wing to the special grade of steel, they are used for all critical applications.
Duplex 2205 is a nitrogen enhanced duplex stainless steel developed for combating common corrosion issues encountered with the 300 series stainless steels. Mega Mex supplies duplex and super duplex stainless steels in the plate, sheet, bar, pipe, pipe fittings, flanges, tube and weld wire.
“Duplex” is a stainless steel family that is neither fully austenitic, such as 304 stainless, nor ferritic such as 430 stainless steel. The 2205 duplex stainless steel structure consists of austenite pools surrounded by a continuous ferrite phase. In the annealed condition, 2205 has approximately 40-50% ferrite. The 2205 Duplex is mostly referred to as the work horse grade and is the most widely used grade in the duplex family of stainless steels.
The benefit of a duplex structure is that the favourable qualities of a ferritic alloy are combined with those of an austenitic alloy that features corrosion resistance and ease of fabrication. Usage of 2205 Duplex stainless steel should be limited to temperatures below 600° F. Extended elevated temperature exposure can embrittle 2205 stainless.
The term Duplex is based on the concept that they have a two-phase microstructure consisting of grains of ferritic and austenitic stainless steel formulated in the same material. The term Super Duplex denotes high-performance Duplex steel based on elevated contents of chromium, nickel, and molybdenum to improve pitting corrosion resistance while additions of nitrogen promoted structural hardening, raising the yield strength and ultimate strength values without impairing toughness.
These stainless steels usually have a high level of Cr, always above 16%, a generally low content of Ni, 5-6%, accompanied by elements such as Mo, Si, Mn, Cu which endow them with a two-phase structure consisting of austenite and ferrite at room temperature. Hence, their name “two-phase” and “austeno-ferritic”.
Their mechanical properties at room temperature are higher than those of austenitic and ferritic steels and their resistance to corrosionis better than that of the ferritic steels and comparable, in an acid environment, with that of the austenitic grades; their resistance to corrosion by pitting and under stress is particularly high. Duplex stainless steels are about twice as strong as regular austenitic or ferritic stainless steels, have significantly better toughness and ductility than ferritic grades (although they do not reach the values of austenitic grades), have a range of corrosion resistance comparable to the range of austenitic stainless steels, have very good stress corrosion cracking resistance, and Duplex steels are cost-effective in a number of ways.
Their weldability is much better than that of the ferritic grades.
Duplex stainless steels are called “duplex” because they have a two-phase microstructure consisting of grains of ferritic and austenitic stainless steel. The picture shows the yellow austenitic phase as “islands” surrounded by the blue ferritic phase. When duplex stainless steel is melted it solidifies from the liquid phase to a completely ferritic structure. As the material cools to room temperature, about half of the ferritic grains, transform to austenitic grains (“islands”). The result is a microstructure of roughly 50% austenite and 50% ferrite.
The duplex structure gives this family of stainless steels a combination of attractive properties:
- Strength: Duplex stainless steels are about twice as strong as regular austenitic or ferritic stainless steels.
- Toughness and ductility: Duplex stainless steels have the significantly better toughness and ductility than ferritic grades; however, they do not reach the excellent values of austenitic grades.
- Corrosion resistance: As with all stainless steels, corrosion resistance depends mostly on the composition of the stainless steel. For chloride pitting and crevice corrosion resistance, their chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen content are most important. Duplex stainless steel grades have a range of corrosion resistance, similar to the range of austenitic stainless steels, i.e. from Type 304 or 316 (e.g. LDX 2101©) to 6% molybdenum (e.g. SAF 2507©) stainless steels.
- Stress corrosion cracking resistance: Duplex stainless steels show very good stress corrosion cracking (SCC) resistance, a property they have “inherited” from the ferritic side. SCC can be a problem under certain circumstances (chlorides, humidity, and elevated temperature) for standard austenitics such as Types 304 and 316.
- Cost:Duplex stainless steels have lower nickel and molybdenum contents than their austenitic counterparts of similar corrosion resistance. Due to the lower alloying content, duplex stainless steels can be lower in cost, especially in times of high alloy surcharges. Additionally, it may often be possible to reduce the section thickness of duplex stainless steel, due to its increased yield strength compared to austenitic stainless steel. The combination can lead to significant cost and weight savings compared to a solution in austenitic stainless steels.
|2205||S31803 / S32205||1.4462||X2CrNiMoN22-5-3||318S13||2377||SUS 329J3L|
Chemical Composition, %
The chemical composition of 2205 Duplex is:
|22.0-23.0||4.50-6.50||3.00-3.50||.030 Max||0.14-0.20||2.00 Max||1.00 Max||.030 Max||.020 Max||Balance|
The 2205 duplex stainless steel is an economical solution for a number of applications where the 300 series stainless steels are susceptible to chloride stress corrosion cracking. Stress corrosion cracking occurs when stainless steels are subjected to tensile stress, while in contact with solutions containing chlorides. The susceptibility of stainless steels to stress corrosion cracking is also increased by increasing temperatures.
Combining molybdenum, chromium and nitrogen result in 2205 having good resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion. This resistance is highly important for services such as marine environments, brackish water, bleaching operations, closed loop water systems and some food processing applications. The high chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen contents of 2205 offer corrosion resistance superior to common stainless steels, such as, 316L and 317L in most environments.
Mechanical Properties (Specified Tensile Properties ASTM A240)
The mechanical properties of Duplex 2205 are provided in the table:
|Ultimate Tensile Strength, ksi Minimum||.2% Yield Strength, ksi Minimum||Hardness Max.|
|95||65||31 ROCKWELL C|
FORMS OF DUPLEX 2205
- Pipe & Tube (welded & seamless)
- Fittings (i.e., flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lap joints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples)
- Welding Wire and Welding Electrode.
The applications of Duplex 2205 are:
- Chemical process vessels In what applications, piping and heat exchangers
- Flue gas desulfurization equipment
- Pulp mill digesters, bleach washers, chip pre-steaming vessels
- Food processing equipment
- Oil field piping and heat exchangers.
Problems that customers face when they buy from other companies:
- Non availability
- Late deliveries
- Poor packaging/ Unprofessional Packing
- Poor surface finish
- No Mill test report
- No control on quality and testing
- High rejection rate
- Poor after sales service
- Supply of wrong grades
- Material inconsistent with ASTM Standards
- Very hard material for use
- Dubious Practices
- Lack of knowledge
- ISO 9001:2008 , ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 Certifications
Benefits that our company offers:
- World class buying experience
- Mill test report/ Digital Mill test report in accordance with EN10204 NACE 3.1, NACE 3.2
- 3rd Party inspection
- High-pressure sustainability
- Impeccable surface finish
- Product replacement warranty
- After sales support and service
- High-quality packaging/ Premium Packaging and Packing for sea and Air transport
- Government and Private Laboratory Testing
- Test certificate from ISO 17025 Standards Laboratory
- Same day shipping of the goods
- Highest stock in the country
- Stringent Quality Testing and Control
- ISO 9001:2008 , ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 Certifications.
About Kinnari Steel : Kinnari Steel is a privately held manufacturer, stockist and exporter. It deals in Stainless steel and Alloy Steel : Stainless Steel 304 , 316 , 317 , 321 , Duplex Steel 2205, Inconel , Hastelloy , Duplex Steel , Super Duplex Steel , Brass, Titanium, Tantalum etc. The products are Pipe Fittings, Tube Fittings, Flanges , Valves, Fasteners , Pipes & Tubes.